Theme: Transforming Emergency Medicine Practice Today
We would like to invite all to submit abstracts to be considered for poster or oral presentation at Society of Emergency Medicine for Singapore’s Annual Scientific Meeting 2018.
All abstracts should be written in the English language.
We look forward for abstracts in any of the following areas of emergency care:
- Pre-hospital Emergency Care
- Disaster Medicine, Trauma, International and Humanitarian Emergency Medicine
- Paediatric Emergency Medicine
- Observation Medicine
- Professional Development
- Research in Emergency Medicine
- Information Technology in Emergency Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- All other topics relevant to Emergency Medicine
Instructions and Rules for Submission: Oral/Poster Abstract
- We welcome all original articles relating to the research of practice of emergency medicine.
- Submission should contain work that has not been previously published.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts an author or group of authors may submit. A structured abstract is preferred for empirical studies (i.e. Objective, Methods, Findings and Conclusions). For abstracts discussing methods, policy, ethics or social issues, an unstructured format is acceptable.
- Authors can choose to submit their abstracts for consideration for oral presentation or poster presentation.
- Registration is compulsory for the author presenting the article at the scientific meeting. Accepted abstracts are only eligible for presentation after receiving full registration fees from the presenting author. Registration should be completed before 15 December 2017. If the registration fees are not received by this date, it is assumed that the abstract is withdrawn.
- The schedule of presentation will be made known to the presenting author closer to the conference dates.
- The deadline for submission of abstract is 30 November 2017. This deadline is applicable for authors who are participating in the best oral / poster award.
- For authors who are not participating in the award, deadline for submission of abstract is 30 November 2017.
- Submission of abstract can only be made online at this website.
- Tables, figures and graphs are not encouraged. If required however, please send them, together with the principal author’s name and title of the presentation, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please label all tables, figures and graphs in Arabic numerals sequentially.
- Please limit your abstract to less than 300 words under the following headings: introduction, objective, methods, results, conclusions, keywords. There should be no more than 5 keywords chosen.
- Do not use double spaces at the end of sentences; do not add lines orspace between paragraphs.
- Define abbreviations at their first mention. Thereafter, abbreviations may be used freely. Standard abbreviations such as CXR, ECG, p-value < are allowed.
- There is no reason to mention IRB acceptance as this is presumed.
- Failure to comply with these requirements may exclude the abstract from consideration.
- The organizing and scientific committee reserves the right to edit any details of the abstract submitted as deemed appropriate.
REVIEW, ACCEPTANCE AND NOTIFICATION
- Receipt of abstract submission will be acknowledged via email.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by an Abstract Review Committee on behalf of Scientific Programme Committee.
- E-mail notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the corresponding author by 10 December 2017. Authors of accepted abstracts will be informed if their abstract is selected for poster or oral presentation.
- As submission of abstracts will constitute the authors’ consent to have the abstracts published in the official conference proceedings, where required, editing will be carried out prior to publication.
- A prize will be awarded for the best poster and best oral presentation at the final day of the conference.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All participants agree to abide by the rules and regulations stated in this document. Submission that failed to follow these will be disqualified.
- Abstracts submitted after the 30 November 2017 will not be considered for the best oral/poster award.
- All decisions made by the Abstract Review Committee are final.
- The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the rules and regulations when necessary.